With a licensed NYC tour guide, visit Ground Zero, the single most historic area in the United States. Pay tribute to this great nation as you learn the rich and exciting history of NYC and America.
Visit the National 9/11 Memorial, then tour Ground Zero - the 16-acre site of unparalleled heroism. This moving and educational 3-hour NYC walking tour continues through Lower Manhattan where you will also see such icons as Wall Street, the Woolworth Building, Trinity Church and a virtual museum of historical skyscrapers.
The tour operates at 9am departing from 51st Street and Broadway in midtown Manhattan.
“It was memorable, touching, and sad. It was also a learning experience to see the people's resilience. I also visit the museum which was an unbelievable experience. My heart goes to all those families who were more affected by the terrorist attack, survivors and the once that lost loved ones.”
CO, Gardena CA
Dear NYCVP: For the past two years, we have scheduled your Ground Zero/Lower Manhattan tour. We have been delighted to have Hal as our guide both years. He is awesome! He brings such a wonderful locals feel to the tour. He loves his City and it shows! He makes his audience love the City too. He is knowledgable, thorough, considerate, helpful and FUN! Thank you for providing such a super host and guide! Next year, I will ask for him again. My best, Dr. ND, Greeneville, Tennessee
"Although I had previously been to the 911 memorial site, this seemed to be a more comprehensive look at an area that I am unfamiliar with- and boy was it! Tony was a personable, knowledgeable guide to 17 people and kept us together through the subway system and to the destination. We started with the area around the ground zero site. Tony gave us such interesting information and facts about the site, the re-building and amazing neighboring Lower Manhattan area including Battery Park and the beautiful new World Finance buildings. We then headed to the Memorial site and then on to the Wall Street area. The tour flowed so smoothly and went at a good pace. I would highly recommend to people interested in seeing a new area, history buffs or New Yorkers that are unfamiliar with the area. The only negative may be for people who want to spend a lot of time at the Memorial and their store which has some displays and film clips. I may even go in this tour again!" Lacey, Coopersburg, PA
Marc was wonderful and the tour he gave was the highlight of [our] trip to NYC. JM, 12/1/12 Tour
We had a great time with Marc and he was very knowledgeable about the city. We enjoyed the walking tour the most. The next time we're in NYC we will definitely request Marc for any tours we do. Keep up the great work Marc. HT/JT
- Round trip MetroCard subway fare
- The National 911 Memorial (NOTE: Entry into the National 911 Museum is not included on this tour).
- Services of a licensed NYC tour escort from midtown Manhattan
January and February: Mondays and Saturdays
March and April: Fridays: Saturdays and Mondays
May: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays
June through August: Daily
September through December: Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays
No tours Sept. 11, Thanksgiving Day (11/24) or Christmas Day (12/25).
Tours depart from in front of McDonalds, 51st Street and Broadway.
All tours last approximately 3 - 3 1/2 hours (9am until approximately 12 noon) and depart from 51st and Broadway in front of McDonalds. All tours end in Lower Manhattan. Tours operate rain or shine.
[back to top]
A licensed New York City tour guide will meet you at a convenient midtown Manhattan location (Paramount Plaza, 51st and Broadway in front ofMcDonalds), distribute your roundtrip MetroCard and escort you to lower Manhattan on the subway. There you will begin a guided 3-hour walking tour and visit some of the newest, oldest and most memorable sites in New York City.
Some highlights may include:
- National 9/11 Memorial (NOTE: Entry into the National 911 Museum is not included on this tour).
- Ground Zero, where you will witness the progress of the World Trade Center rebuilding efforts - the new Number One World Trade Center "The Freedom Tower."
- The Bronze FDNY 9-11 Memorial Wall, a 56-foot long bronze sculpture that shows firefighters battling the smoldering towers, located on the side of New York City's famed fire station "10 House," the former Reily Hose No. 10 firehouse
- The NYC Police Memorial at the World Financial Center, a moving tribute to all NYC police officers who have been lost in the line of duty
- Other touching memorials, both temporary and permanent, to the victims of September 11.
- Moving tributes to September 11th heroes at St. Paul’s Chapel, New York’s only surviving pre-Revolutionary church
- Trinity Church, where Alexander Hamilton and Robert Fulton are buried
- The Neo-Gothic Woolworth Building, the world's tallest building from 1913-1929
- A walk down narrow Wall Street, past the New York Stock Exchange and Federal Hall National Memorial, where you can see the scars of the 1920 terrorist attack on the JP Morgan Building
[back to top]
Location and Directions
The tour departs from Paramount Plaza, 51st and Broadway in front of McDonalds
- 1 to 50th Street and Broadway
- B, D, E to 7th Avenue and 53rd Street
- N, R, W to 49th Street and 7th Avenue
9/11 Visitor Information:
- Public restrooms are not available on site.
- Entry into the National 911 Museum is not included on this tour.
Your confirming tour voucher will be emailed to you once your credit card is processed. Please make sure you add nyctrip.com and NYCVPTours@nyctrip.com into your list of mailers from whom you can receive email. Your subway MetroCard will be distributed at the beginning of the tour.
You will be provided with a fully funded Round Trip MTA MetroCard, NYCVP is not responsible for double swiping or misuse of MTA MetroCards
for any reason.
NOTE: Please be advised, the NYC subway system is not wheelchair accessible for this tour. The tour operates rain or shine. The order and exact itinerary is dependant upon weather conditions, subway schedule and other factors and may change. No refunds are issued for any reason. Return to midtown is on your own. Tour guide gratuity is not included. New York City Vacation Packages is not responsible for delays, non-operation of tour or accessibility to sites mentioned in the itinerary. Itinerary may be altered if required due to weather, traffic, subway schedule changes, and/or any other condition beyond the control of NYCVP, the tour guides and/or vendors. Tours may be cancelled in advance due to insufficient participation. NYCVP is not responsible for anyone unable to keep up with a normal and reasonable walking tour pace, or anyone getting lost. Liability is expressly limited to the amount paid by patrons for the Tour.
[back to top]