For Broadway lovers and Disney fans, there’s no better experience than this new walking tour with exclusive access behind the magic at the New Amsterdam Theatre! Created in collaboration with Disney Theatrical Group, you could say it’s the ‘happiest tour on earth’.
You'll discover the magic of Broadway productions like ‘The Lion King’ and ‘Aladdin’ with a special guided tour of Disney’s landmark New Amsterdam Theatre, led by the in-house historian. Get into character with a special hands-on visit to the New Amsterdam Theatre’s Costumes & Props Studio.
This guided tour of the best of Broadway stops at all the most important theatres and hotspots where you'll learn about the actors, shows and scandals that rocked NYC’s theatre district - and hear stories of the goings-on behind the scenes and learn about the superstitions held by Broadway performers - including a few ghost stories.
To ensure that you get a full picture of Broadway and that you have as much context as possible when you visit the New Amsterdam, you’ll take a guided tour of Broadway before your visit, stopping at landmark theatres where legendary shows drew huge crowds and global attention. For this section of your tour, you’ll travel with one of our Broadway Insiders, a team drawn from a bank of actors, crew members and even theatre mangers — all of whom have first-hand experience of life behind the curtain.
- Exclusive behind-the-magic access to Disney Theatrical’s New Amsterdam Theatre (with Prop access)
- Expert in-house historian for your New Amsterdam Theatre tour
- Broadway Insider to show you the ropes on a Broadway tour (will also stay with you for New Amsterdam section)
- Audio headsets so you can hear your guide for Broadway tour — with special audio inserts from Broadway shows and Disney productions
- Small groups
- New Amsterdam Theatre (including Prop Studio)
- Duffy Square
- Times Square
- Rodgers & Hammerstein Way
- Shubert Alley
- Marriott Marquis Theatre (from outside)
- Majestic Theatre (from outside)
- American Airlines Theatre (from outside)
This 2 hour tour begins at a convenient Times Square location, The tour operates at 10am April through October..
NOTE: Due to ongoing construction
and preparations of the New Amsterdam Theatre for the premiere of Frozen on
Broadway, the costume and prop access will be via a
mobile cart brought into the orchestra section of the theatre.